Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship Intermediate at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentice's competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework. Also included must be qualifications which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
NVQ competence units
An Intermediate Level Apprenticeship framework must identify: An integrated qualification at Level 2 which combines competence and technical knowledge elements in which each element is separately assessed and in which each element carries at least 10 credits on the QCF.
The information below refers to the 4 combined qualifications listed in B1 Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy - General (B1a, B1b, B1c and B1d) and will ensure that the qualification carries 10 credits for each element.
To achieve this qualification candidates must complete 8 mandatory units totalling 45 credits and optional units to a minimum of 9 optional credits to give an overall total of 54 credits.
Mandatory Units include
- G20 Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce the risk to health and safety - 4 credits (1 Competence 3 Knowledge) •
- G18 Promote additional services or products to clients - 6 credits (2 Competence 4 Knowledge)
Different Apprenticeships have different entry requirements. However the most important requirements are:
- In contracted employment and have been for at least three months
- Hold GCSEs or equivalent qualifications in English and Maths
- Display a positive attitude and passion for improving the customer service in your job role
You will be assessed within the college as well in the workplace to ensure all the competencies are met.
Regular review meetings will take place with your assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
Learners can progress to
- an advanced apprenticeship in Beauty therapy.
- Employment in the Beauty industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.