IT Users - BTEC Diploma Level 1 at City and Islington College
If you have a keen interest in Information Technology and its uses in contemporary society then this course is for you. This study programme is designed for individuals who want a career in IT, media or digital design. It is a competence-based qualification that gives you the valuable skills and knowledge you need to progress to a level 2 qualification in Business, Media Production or IT. This hands-on, vocational qualification has been developed in consultation with employers to prepare you for the workplace. During the course, you will have the opportunity to work with employers to develop your technical and work skills.
The study programme consists of the vocational pathway plus English and Mathematics
- Word Processing (Unit 129)
- Database Software (Unit 118)
- Spreadsheet Software (Unit 127)
- IT Users Fundamentals (Unit 102)
- Imaging Software (Unit 221)
- Presentation Software (Unit 225)
- Using Email (Unit 109)
- Desktop Publishing (Unit 123)
- Website Software (Unit 128)
- Internet Safety (Unit 130)
- Using the Internet (Unit 207)
- IT Software Fundamentals (Unit 112)
- Improving Productivity (Unit 101)
Functional Skills Level 1: English and Mathematics
- Entry Level 3 qualification (not ESOL) with Entry level 3 Mathematics and English
- GCSE Mathematics (E) and GCSE English Language (E)
Successful completion of the study programme would allow you to progress to a related level 2 course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City and Islington College directly.