Health, Social Care and Childcare Level 1 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in health and social care? Could you benefit from a practical introductory course?
This course helps you to develop knowledge and skills for numerous careers in the care sector.
The course is a practical and hands-on programme, taught in the context of real job roles and situations. The focus on this programme is combined across health, social care and childcare. This gives you the chance to explore the range of opportunities available in the sector.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Case studies
- Outside visits
- Interactive learning
- Self study
- Group work
- No formal qualifications are required
- You may be progressing from an Entry Level qualification
- Good standards of literacy and numeracy
- You should be motivated and enthusiastic about the subject and have the right personal attributes to work with vulnerable adults or young people and children
- During the interview stage, students with learning disabilities or additional learning needs should provide details and evidence of their needs
- At some sites, learners may be offered the opportunity to undertake work placement. Where this occurs, a DBS check will be required at a cost of £44.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Group assignments
- Student profile
- Recorded Role Play
Completion of this course improves your employability and gives you important knowledge and skills. It will prepare you for a career in healthcare, social care or childcare, usually after further study.
In education, the course gives you a number of options. At Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, you could progress onto a number of courses, including either Health and Social Care Level 2 or Childcare Level 2, available at:
- Nursery Worker
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Worker
- Speech & Language Therapist
Programme code: 0103A01B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.