Bricklaying City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma at Calderdale College
This course is for people interested in a career as a trades person, working in the construction industry. This course is ideal for developing skills in Brickwork. This is a practical and theory based course which consists of you working through a number of technical and practical units.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- Repair and Maintain Masonry Structures
- Constructing Radial and Battered Brickwork
- Carrying Out Decorative and Reinforced Brickwork
- Constructing Fireplaces and Chimneys
- Each unit will include an externally set assessment to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of the unit.
All applicants will be required to have successfully completed a Level 2 Diploma in Brickwork, or prove competence to the standards required for the Level 3 qualifications, through interview.
Continuous assessment throughout the course based on practical observation, portfolio of evidence, written assessments and online exams.
In most cases students aged 18 and under who wish to enrol on a full time further education course will have their fees waived.
All successful students may have the opportunity to progress onto a NVQ Level 3 Brickwork through the work based evidence route. Employment opportunities could include an apprenticeship in your chosen trade area. Many have chosen to become self-employed at this stage due to the knowledge they have gained from the course.
Please complete an application form and return it to us at the following freepost address:-
Calderdale College Central Admissions Unit, FREEPOST HX2 004, Francis Street, Halifax, HX1 3BR
or click the link to apply online: http://www.calderdale.ac.uk/courses/view/cskills-awards-level-3-diploma-in-trowel-occupations
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Calderdale College directly.