Introduction to Vehicle Technology (Entry Level) at Central College Nottingham
This qualification covers the basic technical needs for today’s motor vehicle repair industry. It provides essential knowledge for service technicians working on light vehicles (cars and vans) in all types of garages, dealerships and maintenance depots.
Units studied include:
- Motor Vehicle Workshop Safety
- Retail Automotive Maintenance and Repair
- Workshop Tools and Equipment
- PSD Qualification
Other units include:
- Engine Components and Operation
- Light Vehicle Steering and Suspension Systems
- Cooling and Lubrication System Checks
- Braking System Checks
- Wheel and Tyre Checks
- English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
There are no formal entry requirements, however you will need to complete an English and Maths assessment to determine the right course and support for you.
The course assessment is made up of three elements:
- Portfolio of Evidence in Skills
- Knowledge of Practical Tasks
- Online Testing
- Level 1 Diploma in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Level 1 Diploma in Motocycle Maintenance
A career as Automotive Technician.
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
Heavy duty footwear and a set of overalls must be worn which are supplied by the College. A cost may be incurred dependent on your circumstances.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.