Music As / A2 at The Hermitage Academy
The Edexcel (year 12) course consists of three units of work.
- Unit 1 - Performing as either a soloist or in an ensemble (30% of AS marks).
- Unit 2 - Creating a composition (30% of AS marks).
- Unit 3 - Developing listening skills, research work and written work by analysing a variety of pieces of music (40% of AS marks).
You will also improve harmony and writing skills therefore the ability to read music is essential!
During the year 13 course you will
- Unit 4 - Give a performance recital lasting 12-15 minutes (15% of A2 marks).
- Unit 5 - Complete a Bach Chorale adn Pop song harmony under exam conditions (15% of A2 marks).
- Unit 6 - Develop listening skills and analyse a variety of set works in preparation for a 3 hour written examination (30% of A2 marks)
Entry Requirements: Music GCSE is required as well as a sound knowledge of music theory and the ability to perform on an instrument or sing to a Grade 4-5 standard.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Hermitage Academy directly.