Floristry Level 3 Diploma at Writtle University College
This course provides you with the opportunity to build on previous experience and develop a more individual style of work. It will encourage you to study advanced design, modern and international design trends.
Course content Module details
- Unit 301 Creative design process for florists
- Unit 302 Diverse flower and plant care
- Unit 303 Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse tied floristry designs
- Unit 304 Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral designs for weddings and formal occasions
- Unit 305 Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse floral arrangements
- Unit 306 Plan, assemble and evaluate diverse sympathy tributes
- Unit 307 Working in the floristry industry
- Unit 308 Negotiate and agree terms and conditions for the sale of floristry products and services
- Unit 309 Function and event decoration using floral display
The full-time and part time course includes a comprehensive visits programme, including the London Flower Market (New Covent Garden), wholesalers and trade shows, at subsidised cost. There is usually an optional visit to Holland/Belgium at low cost.
Standard entry is either the Level 2 Diploma in Floristry at merit or above, or equivalent experience and five GCSEs at grade C or above to include English, Maths and Science. However, alternative qualifications or experience will be considered on application.
Practical assessments during teaching time, portfolios of work, assignments to be completed.
Progress to a higher level qualification such as Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry, a degree programme in Professional Floristry. Previous students have gained employment with prestigious businesses including Jane Packer, McQueens Jamie Aston, and Claridges as well as jobs overseas, and Jersey.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Writtle University College directly.