History (AS and A level) at Morecambe Community High School
Component 1: Breadth Study : The Tudors: England, 1485–1547
Component 2: Depth Study: Democracy and Nazism: Germany, 1918–1933
Component 1: Breadth Study: The Tudors: England, 1485-1603
Component 2: Depth Study: Democracy and Nazism 1918-45
Component 3: Historical Investigation (Personal Study)
The Tudors: England, 1485–1603:
- How effectively did the Tudors restore and develop the powers of the monarchy?
- In what ways and how effectively was England governed during this period?
- How did relations with foreign powers change and how was the succession secured?
- How did English society and economy change and with what effects? How far did intellectual and religious ideas change and develop and with what effects?
- How important was the role of key individuals and groups and how were they affected by developments?
- The Establishment and early years of Weimar, 1918–1924
- The ‘Golden Age’ of the Weimar Republics, 1924–1928
- The Collapse of Democracy, 1928–1933
- The Nazi Dictatorship, 1933–1939
A personal study based on a topic of student’s choice. This should take the form of a question in the context of approximately 100 years. It must not duplicate the content of options chosen for Components 1 and 2
In year 12, students complete two tests which are both one hour thirty minutes long. In year 13, pupils sit a further two exams each lasting two hours thirty minutes. Component 3 will be completed in school and will be moderated.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Morecambe Community High School directly.