Business Level 2 Diploma at Milton Keynes College
Want to develop a broad knowledge of how businesses operate? Are you able to develop good working relationships? Do you enjoy problem solving? Thinking about owning your own business one day?
This career path will give you the skills needed to develop your knowledge and understanding of business organisations and offers a fascinating insight into modern business and commerce techniques.
You will study ten units for the Level 2 Diploma in Business. Five mandatory units will provide a general foundation and five specialist units will introduce you to particular topics in more depth.
- Business Purposes
- Business Organisations
- Financial Forecasting for Business
- People in Organisations
- The Marketing Plan
- Verbal and Non-verbal Communication in Business Contexts
- Training and Employment in Business
- Customer Relations in Business
- Bookkeeping for Business
- Business Online
The content of the course may be subject to variation should the awarding body issue changes within the academic year.
Alongside your main qualification, you will also study GCSE or Functional Skills English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade in these subjects at A*-C. If you have achieved a grade C or above in English and Maths then your lecturers will look to extend these skills through focused activities and exercises.
In order to maximise your chances of succeeding in entering the career of your choice after your studies and to help your Personal Tutor determine your suitability for any work experience placement opportunities, you will also be required to attend Employability Skills sessions.
You will require:
- a minimum of 4 points at GCSE to include at least 2 GCSEs at grade D or above or a Level 1 qualification
- GCSE English Language at grade D or above or Functional Skills English at Level 1 or above.
For mature applicants without the necessary entry qualifications, your English and Maths skills will be assessed to ensure your suitability for this level of course. If required to complete an assessment, you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 1 in English.
All applicants will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the Business team to discuss the course and its requirements in more detail.
All units on the Level 2 Diploma in Business qualification are assessed through assignment and project work based on realistic business and workplace situations.
Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and then an overall grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction is awarded on completion of the full qualification.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination.
Although not examined, on completion of the course, you will receive a College Certificate of Accreditation evidencing the topics covered within your Employability Skills sessions.
A Level 2 Diploma in Business is equivalent to 4 GCSEs grades A*-C. On successful completion of this course you can:
- Progress onto a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business should you achieve a Merit or above
- Progress onto a higher level course programme in a related subject or other subject area
- Progress onto an Apprenticeship programme leading to a career pathway in Business or another career of your choice
- Enter a business related career such as administration, finance, accounting, customer services, sales, marketing, advertising or human resources.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.