English Literature A Level at John Hampden Grammar School
Candidates study a range of literary texts, drawn from the genres of fictional prose, poetry, and drama. They will use the skills acquired in the study of those texts and in their own wider reading to write critical essays under examination conditions, and as non-exam essays. Candidates study a total of eight texts.
The aims of this course are:
- To develop an understanding of the nature and methods of literary study.
- To develop an understanding of the ways in which literary texts may be interpreted and the ways in which writers shape meaning.
Our entry requirements are as follows – all of these requirements must be met:
- A minimum of 7 GCSE full course passes at a C grade or higher
- A minimum GCSE total points score of 344 based on the best 8 full course separate subject GCSE passes
- A minimum C grade in English Language and Mathematics
- B in English Literature GCSE
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact John Hampden Grammar School directly.