Digital Media OUN at Invictus Sixth Form
Why choose this course?
This course follows the Digital Content for Interactive Media pathway which offers students the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to succeed in the sector and which are recognised for creative design in media products such as; digital games, animation and online interactive technologies.
The pathway has 4 mandatory units:
- Unit 1 - Media Products & Audiences (external assessment: 1 hour 30 minutes)
- Unit 2 - Pre-Production & Planning (external assessment: 1 hour 30 minutes)
- Unit 3 - Media Product Authoring (internally assessed)
- Unit 4 - Interactive Media Product Authoring (internally assessed)
The pathway also requires a minimum of 4 internally assessed optional units which could include:
• 3D Modelling
• Digital Animation
• Digital Photography
• Games Development
• Personal Media Profiling
• Scripting for Media Products
• Social Media and Globalisation
Specific Entry Requirements:
For this Level 3 course (equivalent to 1½ A Levels) it is expected that students will have a minimum of 5 GCSE Grades 9-5 including either Computer Science, ICT or Creative iMedia.
Two external assessment examinations (Unit 1 & 2) = 33.3%
Six internally assessed coursework based units = 66.6%
Typical job roles within this pathway include;
Photographer, Digital Layout Artists, Digital Graphic Designers, Freelance Reporter, Web-developers/Designers, Animators; Computer Graphics Modellers.
The list of Higher Education courses that this qualification could lead on to is almost endless.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.