Psychology A Level at Whitley Academy
- Cognitive psychology, including memory and eyewitness testimony
- Developmental psychology, including early social development, attachment and the effects of day care
- Research methods, in the context of the topic areas
The second unit is divided into two topics:
Unit 2: Biological Psychology, Social Psychology and Individual Difference
- Biological psychology, including stress as a bodily response and stress in everyday life
- Social Psychology including majority and minority influence, obedience and independent behaviour
- Individual differences, including definitions of abnormality approaches and therapies.
A2 Psychology in Year 13 has two units each covering three different topics.
Unit 3 Topics in Psychology
- Biological rhythms and sleep
Unit 4 Psychopathology, Psychology in Action and research Methods
- The characteristics, explanations and therapies for a chosen disorder (phobias),
- Media Psychology,
- Methods in Psychology and application, design of investigations and data analysis.
If you wish to study Psychology to A2 level a minimum of a ‘D’ is required at AS.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Whitley Academy directly.