Music Technology A Level at Chipping Sodbury School
Students of our Edexcel A level in Music Technology will focus on the techniques, practices and principles of music technology as an area of advanced study. They'll learn about the technical principles that underpin music technology, develop a technical vocabulary, and be encouraged to use music technology as a tool to develop their composing and arranging skills.
- Unit 1: Music Technology Portfolio 1- Coursework
- Unit 2: Listening and Analysing- Exam paper on Popular Music
- Unit 3: Music Technology Portfolio 2- Coursework
- Unit 4: Analysing and Producing- Exam: written and practical based
For all Level 3 courses, students are expected to have achieved a minimum of 5 GGSEs at grade C or equivalent. For A Levels this should include both English and Maths. Plus C in GCSE Music.
- Unit 1: Coursework consisting of 3 pieces: 1 Sequenced Piece, 1 Multi-track, 1 Arrangement of 2 popular styles
- Unit 2: Listening exam based on popular music and technological features
- Unit 3: Coursework consisting of 3 pieces: 1 Sequenced Piece, 1 Multi-track, 1 composition based on a brief
- Unit 4: Exam- live production and written exam based on developments in music technology
This course can lead to careers in many music fields such as sound engineering, music production, studio work, education or any creative genre, as well as degree level study in music and music technology or commercial music courses and qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chipping Sodbury School directly.