English Language A-Level at Churchill Academy and Sixth Form
English Language A Level offers students the opportunity to develop their English skills by engaging creatively and critically with a wide range of texts and discourses. Investigate the presentation of stereotypes in the media, learn a huge range of new linguistic words, explore how language changes when used for writing, speaking and electronically; discover how children develop their ability to use language, create your own convincing text and uncover why language changes across time and place.
- Component 1: Language and the individual
- Component 2: Language varieties
- Component 1: Language, the individual and society
- Component 2: Language diversity and change
- Component 3: Coursework- “Language in action”
5 A* - C at GCSE
C grade in GCSE English required
(B grade in GCSE English Language desirable)
English language students often go on to careers in:
- Advertising & Marketing
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Churchill Academy and Sixth Form directly.