Maintenance Operations Apprenticeship Diploma - Level 2 at Redcar & Cleveland College
The current Maintenance Operations Framework is: NVQ/Diploma Level 2:
The following are mandatory units:
- Conform to general workplace safety.
- Conform to efficient work practices.
- Move and handle resources.
- Confirm work activities and resources for the work.
- Erect and dismantle access/working platforms.
- Establish work area protection and safety.
- Clear site and hand over on completion.
- Provide customer service in construction.
The following are optional units:
- Maintenance carpentry and joinery.
- Maintenance painting and decorating.
- Maintenance plumbing.
- Maintenance tiling.
- Maintenance plastering.
- Maintenance trowel operations.
Optional units will be discussed with Tutor and will be matched to the job specification. You will collect evidence from work and produce a portfolio to prove you have the skills.
The Technical Certificate is a separate qualification which assesses the specialist knowledge needed within a particular job.
A Diploma Award at Level 2 must be completed as part of the Maintenance Operations Framework. This is a theory based qualification with an end exam. There is also a requirement to complete a synoptic practical task in the college workshops under work simulated conditions.
There are no formal qualifications needed to commence the Maintenance Operations Framework, although we prefer that you have a good standard of education. You will be required to sit an aptitude test, for English and Maths, to support your application.
To gain the qualifications, you will need to be in a placement which involves working in a maintenance operations environment and assisting a tradesman/woman in practical activities, in order to gain the relevant occupational and industry skills required.
Most of our apprentices continue to be employed at the end of the apprenticeship. There are good opportunities for selfemployment or perhaps progression to an Advanced Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redcar & Cleveland College directly.