Land-based Technology Level 3 Extended Diploma at Bicton College
This full-time programme is designed to help you develop the skills needed as a practising engineer in the agricultural and associated industries, such as horticulture, fabrication, construction and 4WD vehicles. It will also provide you with an understanding of the skills needed for technical support in the engineering sector.
A wide range of units spanning key aspects of landbased engineering are studied, including:
- Agricultural machines
- Effective use of communication and numerical skills
- Engine technology including electrical and electronic systems
- Hydraulic and pneumatic principles
- Major design and build projects and business operations
- Science and mathematical principles
- Vehicle chassis and transmission systems
- Workshop practices, including welding and Fabrication
You will also work towards nationally recognised Functional Skills qualifications (English, Maths and ICT). A full list of units is available on request.
It is essential that your Initial Assessment results show that you are working at Level 2. You will also need to have achieved 4 GCSEs at grades A–C, including English Language, Maths and Science or equivalent.
Candidates who have completed an Extended Diploma in Land-based Technology have the opportunity to progress to foundation degrees and other higher education programmes. There is an increasing need in the UK for practical engineers who are good mechanics, and who understand the sales processes and the need for customer liaison.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bicton College directly.