Business Studies BTEC Level 3 at Bishop Stopford's School
The BTEC Business studies course is worth 1, 2 or 3 A Levels depending on 6 units of coursework, the double option would be 12 units of coursework and the triple option would be 18 units of coursework. It has been designed to give students a ‘hands on’ practical approach to learning Business Studies. The course is assessed through a mixture of coursework / exams.
The course will cover most aspects of how businesses are run and managed. A successful student will be an organised independent learner who is prepared to spend a lot of time researching topics and businesses.
Topics to be covered could include the following:
- Unit 1 Exploring a business
- Unit 2 Developing a Marketing campaign
- Unit 3 Personal and business finance
- Unit 4 Managing an event
- Unit 5 International business
- Unit 6 Principles of management
- Unit 7 Business decision making
- Unit 8 Recruitment and selection process
- Unit 9 Team building and selection process
- Unit 10 Recording financial transactions
- Unit 11 Final accounts for public limited companies
- Unit 12 Financial statements for specific businesses
- Unit 13 Cost and management accounting
- Unit 14 Investigating customer service
- Unit 15 Investigating retail business
- Unit 16 Visual merchandising
- Unit 17 Digital marketing
- Unit 18 Creative promotion
The BTEC Business course assumes students have no prior knowledge of Business Studies.
At least Grade B in GCSE English and Mathematics
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Stopford's School directly.