IT BTEC Diploma Level 2 at New College Nottingham
If you're interested in a career in IT and want to know more about the industry, then this course is for you. You'll be learning about how to communicate
effectively in the IT industry, whilst getting to grips with a variety of computer systems.
I.T is a fast paced environment, so you'll need to keep up-to-date with the latest technology and advances in software, which this course certainly helps you with. You'll also be learning about setting up an IT network and web development, which will help you to advance in your chosen career.
The course will allow you to learn in an environment that's designed in line with industry standards, whilst learning the latest business techniques.
This qualification covers a range of skills from using applications to installing hardware and software. Units include:
- Communicating in the IT industry
- Working in the IT industry
- Computer systems
- Installing computer hardware
- Installing computer software
- Setting up an IT network
- Web development
Students must have ONE of the following:
- 4 GCSEs (3 at grade A*-D, including English and Maths and 1 at grade A*-E)
- Level 1 qualification at merit, plus GCSE English and Maths (1 at grade A*-D and 1 at grade A*-E)
- Equivalent qualifications - Functional Skills may be accepted in place of GCSE Maths and/or English
Adults 19+ who have industry experience but do not have the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All units are assessed through assignments.
- Level 3 IT BTEC Extended Diploma
If you would like to find out more about how this could unfold for you, our advisors are on hand to help – just click the Contact an Advisor option to the right.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Nottingham directly.