Outdoor Adventure Advanced Diploma Level 3 at Capel Manor College
This course will develop your understanding of the outdoor industry, giving you the opportunity to gain a variety of the skills required to work in the sport and leisure sector. It develops theoretical research alongside the practical application, to grow your potential in the outdoor industry. The course involves participation and leadership of adventurous activities, so an interest in physical activity is fundamental to the course.
- develop your understanding of fitness, working through a developmental training programme
- develop your understanding of the human anatomy and physiology
- take part in and lead water and land-based outdoor adventure activities
- build your expedition skills
- gain centre management skills
- complete 150 hours of industry-based work experience.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 4 GCSEs at grades A* to C
- an overall Merit on a Level 2 Sport Pathway
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- an interest and experience in outdoor activities
- a reasonable level of physical fitness
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to progress to:
- Higher Education
- employment in the outdoor activities industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capel Manor College directly.