Bench Joinery Level 2 Diploma at Carlisle College
This course is designed for those who wish to make a career in the building industry, specialising in bench joinery. It will provide you with a qualification which is appropriate to industrial standards.
- Health, safety and welfare in the construction and associated industries.
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others.
- Knowledge of construction technology.
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools.
- Set up and operate cutting and shaping machinery.
- Produce setting out details for routine joinery products.
- Manufacture routine joinery products.
- Mark out from setting out details for routine joinery products.
You will also work towards qualifications in Maths and English.
A level 1 joinery qualification, mature students with relevant experience and /or other qualifications may be eligible. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to achieve a Level 1 in Maths and English as part of the programme of study.
You will be assessed by undertaking practical tasks which will be marked against industrial standards. These will be marked by assessors. There will also be written and oral questioning, to satisfy the assessor that you have the necessary job knowledge and understanding. Each unit has a multiple choice end of unit test and there is a multiple choice on-line final exam. The practical aspect of the course has a final “synoptic” test that encompasses all the manufacturing work done in the course.
On successful completion of the Diploma Level 2 in Carpentry and Joinery, you may progress to Diploma Level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery, or take up a position as a trainee carpenter/joiner in industry and follow an NVQIMA training programme.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.