Accessibility links

GCSE(Short Course): Art and Design at Ashby School

Course description

Students complete one topic during Years 10 and 11. This counts for 60 per cent of the final mark. Students are given four weeks to prepare for their final exam which makes up the remaining 40 per cent. For this exam, they are required to complete a 10-hour painting assignment.

Future opportunities

This qualification is the equivalent of half a GCSE. Students who follow this course alone will not be able to go on to AS studies in Art and Design. They may first need to strengthen their grades by completing a foundation or intermediate vocational qualification. With further training, students may choose a career related to art and design such as becoming an architect, interior designer or art teacher. Some students choose to go straight into employment and do further training or part time study with the support of an employer.

Further information

To find out more about this qualification, contact us, ask your Connexions Personal Adviser or school/college careers staff.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashby School directly.

Last updated date: 21 October 2014
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Next September
  • Duration: 2 years