Travel & Tourism A-Level at Bristol Brunel Academy
The travel and tourism industry is dynamic, wide-ranging and fast-growing and it offers a huge variety of employment opportunities for young people.
- Unit 1: Coursework on two destinations abroad.
- Unit 2: Coursework and report on Customer Service in a hotel.
- Unit 3: 2 hour exam on the Travel and Tourism industry.
- Unit 1: Coursework on a trip that students organise and run for Year 7 students.
- Unit 2: Coursework on Ecotourism.
- Unit 3: 2 hour exam on the impacts of Tourism Development.
Exam, coursework and controlled assessment.
There are several foundation and degree courses available to study such as, travel and tourism, tourism management, hospitality and events management; apprenticeships.
Travel agent; hotel receptionist; housekeeper; manager; tour operator; Tourist Information Centre advisor; Tourist attraction assistant; airport and airline work; venue and events management; chef and waiting work in a hotel or restaurant; tourism department in the local council; marketing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bristol Brunel Academy directly.