Spanish A Level at Nene Park Academy
When you study A Level Spanish, you will gain an in-depth knowledge of the culture and society of Spain and speak a foreign language fluently.
If you dream of speaking a foreign language fluently and perhaps even working abroad, studying Spanish will help you achieve this as well as equipping you with a variety of unique skills that will be invaluable in the future.
You will become a more knowledgeable and informed person and debates and discussions in the classroom will give you a broad perspective on a wide range of issues and topics.
Studying Spanish can be profitably combined with any other subjects, whether you wish to complement your arts subjects, or to contrast with science subjects.
"El español es una lengua con gran futuro."
If you want a mix of activities in lessons and an intellectually stimulating course with a strong practical application, you will enjoy studying Spanish at Advanced Level. If you dream of speaking a foreign language fluently and impressively and aspire to study or work abroad, a language will ensure this ambition is within your grasp. We are hoping to build exchange links with schools in Spain over the next couple of years and will support work experience abroad. Experience the freedom and thrill of stepping into another culture!
Standard (Five GCSE subjects at a minimum grade 4 or the equivalent including Maths and English), including at least a 6 in GCSE Spanish
What is assessed?
- Aspects of Spanish-speaking society: current trends
- Aspects of Spanish-speaking society: current issues
- Artistic culture in the Spanish-speaking world
- Aspects of political life in the Spanish-speaking world
- Intercultural Strand: You will tackle a range of issues and debates and really get your teeth into an in-depth study of cultural topics, such as an artist’s work or a literary text. Our students often comment on how much they have learned in the course aside from the language itself.
- Assessment is by Examination. Paper 1 is Listening, Reading and Writing, which formes 50% of the A Level. Paper 2 is Writing only (20%) and Paper 3 is Speaking (30%).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nene Park Academy directly.