BTEC Chelsea Football Academy at Chichester High Schools Sixth Form
This full time course incorporates studying for Level 2 and 3 qualifications alongside full time football training and coaching, representing the Chelsea AcademyTeam. There will be a range of options available depending on the academic profile of the student. For those with 5A*-C including English and Maths the BTEC Level 3 Sport is available as a double and single option.
Please see the BTEC Level 3 Sport page for more details.
For students who have not met the Level 3 benchmark,we can support learning through the 1st4sport Level 2 NvQ Certificate in Activity Leadership (QCF). Assessment will require you to demonstrate competence on more than one occasion, in all of your chosen units. This will involve a mixture of observation of performance,product evidence,witness testimony and questioning.
The 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Physical Education and School Sport (QCF) prepares you for employment in a school sport setting through providing an introduction to opportunities for you to work as a physical education and school sport professional. You will be expected to complete a range of modules for this, including:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Plan a Physical Education and school sport programme
- Deliver a Physical Education and school sport programme
- Review the delivery of a physical education and school sport programme
- Organise and lead a sports event or competition
- Preparing for the mentoring role
- Support gifted and talented learner
- Facilitate community-based sport and physical activity.
In addition to these exciting courses,we will be offering FootballAssociation Level 1 and 2 coaching awards andThe Football Association Basic Referees courses.
There will be the opportunity to work with UEFA qualified coaches and mentor younger students through outreach football sessions.
The academy will suit students looking for a career in football or other sports.
Mandatory Units –You must achieve all of these units.
• Support the work of your team and organisation
• Prepare for activity sessions
• Lead activity sessions
• Conclude and review activity sessions
• Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
• Support equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation
Optional units - you must achieve a minimun of two units:
• Administer finance and information
• Contribute to joint working with other organisations
• Support the development of the sport or activity
• Set up, take down and store activity equipment
• Check and service activity equipment
• Contribute to environmental conservation in active leisure and recreation
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Look after participants when they are away from home
• Enable disabled people to take part in activities
• Contribute to adventurous activities
• Contribute to participants’ personal and social development
• Contribute to participants’ exploration and understanding of the natural environment.
5 GCSEs at grade C or above.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chichester High Schools Sixth Form directly.