Computer Animation for Video Games and Film BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Weston College
The course focuses on computer and video games. Officially the fastest growing medium in the media industry. You will learn the relevant skills needed to thrive in this exciting new environment and will learn about individual products and also how the game industry operates and functions.
Using purpose-built facilities with the very latest new computer hardware and software you will create products of the highest quality in an environment where you will be expected to work studiously towards a career in the computer games industry.
You will create some of the following productions: 2D animation, 3D character models, digital/motion graphics, concept art, games levels and character design. You will showcase your work in a portfolio by designing and authoring a DVD.
Course units include:
- Pre-production techniques Drawing development
- 3D Modelling 3D Animation
- Multi-camera techniques Sound for computer games
- Computer game engines Computer game design
- Understanding the computer games industry
- Computer game platforms and technologies
- Drawing concept art for computer games.
5 GCSE passes at grade A* to C (including Maths and English) or
level 2 Diploma in a relevant subject and GCSE at C or above in
Maths and English.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weston College directly.