Health & Social Care National Certificate OCR Level 2 at Raine's Foundation School
This is a work related qualification specialising in the health and social care sector which prepares students for higher-level study or employment within the sector.
What will I study?
There is a mixture of theory and practical work within this course. It will help you to understand and choose the areas of work that you might like to specialise in within the Health & Social Care sector.
You will study the following core units and two of the optional units:
Four Mandatory Units:
- Preparing to give quality care
- Communicating with service users in care settings
- Practical caring
- Hygiene and safety in care settings
Two Optional Units which may include:
- Health care for children
- Health care for older service users
- Development and care of young children
- Preparing to work with young children
- Preparing to work with older service users
- Preparing to work with people with disabilities
- Practical first aid in care settings
- Nutrition and cooking for health
- Creative activities with individuals in care settings
- Career planning for the health and social care sector
- Work experience in health & social care settings
There are no timetabled exams for this qualification. Other employment linked qualifications such as First Aid may be part of the programme of study.
Four GCSE’s at Grade D or above to include English and another academic subject, plus a positive Progress File and school reference.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Raine's Foundation School directly.