Business BTEC Level 3 National Certificate at Ysgol Dyffryn Aman
This course is an Applied General qualification. It is suitable for post-16 learners who want to continue their education through applied learning and who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately to employment in the business sector.
The National Certificate is equivalent to half an A-Level (studied in Year 12) and aims to provide a basic introduction of the business sector.
Examples of units studied:
- Exploring Business
- Developing a Marketing Campaign
- Person and Business Finance
- Recruitment & Selection
- Investigating Customer Service
- Market Research
- The British Legal System
- Work Experience in Business
GCSE Point Scores
In advising students as to the most suitable choice of post-16 courses/programmes of study, we use a GCSE 'Point Score' as a benchmark.
The Score is made up from the best six GCSE grades achieved by the student using the following scale:-
A* - 8 points
A - 7 points
B - 6 points
C - 5 points
D - 4 points
E - 3 points
F - 2 points
G - 1 point
This process has been used successfully over a number of years and proved to be an accurate predictor of likely success through the various possible routes of study.
- To study 4 A Level subjects over 2 years – 42 points (minimum) including Maths & English (following consultation)
- To Study 3 A Level subjects over 2 years points – 30 points (minimum) including Maths & English
- To study a green route a point score of 30 points from at least 4 separate subjects
N.B. Although, as stated above, these ‘scores’ are good predictors of likely success upon entry into the Sixth Form, each student is treated as an individual and the post GCSE Interview is a very important process. Parents are welcome to be present at these interviews.
You will be internally assessed in 50% of the course. The remainder will be an external exam or controlled tasks.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Dyffryn Aman directly.