VTCT Beauty Therapy Studies ( Level 3) at All Saints' Academy
Beauty Therapy covers a wide range of employment opportunities in one of the fastest growing industries worldwide. It includes jobs in salons, hotels, fitness
centres, airlines and cruise ships, as well as freelance Beauty Therapy and Cosmetic Development plus many more. This course is a great stepping stone to
study Beauty Therapy at University.
During this course you will develop skills required in the Beauty industry and will provide you with the ability to perform advanced Beauty treatments. The course meets industry requirements and will prepare you to work in a variety of salon environments.
The course involves performing and receiving all treatments. This is a two year course there is no option to drop after year 12.
• Indian Head Massage.
• Stone therapy
• Promote and sell products and services
• Contribute to the effective running of a business
• Client care and consultation.
• Anatomy and physiology for the face and body
• Swedish massage
• History and origins of massage therapies
• Health and safety in the salon
Level 2 Beauty Therapy is preferred however not a necessity. Outstanding communication and people skills are vital along with a good work ethic and willingness to perform treatments on students, staff and visitors. GCSE grade 5C or above in English and Maths
or working towards these as well as a good understanding of Science.
• Externally set and internally marked graded practical assessments (50% of qualification grade)
• Externally set and marked examinations (30% of qualification grade)
• Externally set and internally marked graded synoptic assessment (20% of qualification grade)
Beauty Therapy covers a wide range of employment opportunities in one of the fastest growing industries. It includes jobs in salons, hotels, fitness centres, airlines and cruise ships, as well as freelance beauty therapy and cosmetic development plus many
more. This course is a great stepping stone to study Beauty.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact All Saints' Academy directly.
Last updated date: 24 October 2016