Brickwork Level 1 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
You will study a mix of practical work and underpinning knowledge required for the industry. This course is an excellent introduction, providing basic training in brickwork.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Contribute to setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
- Carrying out blocklaying activities
- Carrying out bricklaying activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
- GCSE or equivalent at grade D or above in Maths and English
- Reference or report from previous school or course
- Initial assessment to help identify appropriate courses for those who do not achieve the required GCSE grades
You will be taught theory relating to health and safety and the principles of building construction. You will develop practical skills to suit the needs of the building industry and the requirements of the awarding body.
Method of Assessment:
- Completion of practical training projects and assessments
- Written knowledge evidence tests
- Oral questioning
A typical opening would be working for a building contractor as a trainee bricklayer employed on new building works. Apprenticeship and/or NVQ Levels 1 / 2 or 3 with employment, this is open to persons working in the industry who are able to produce work based evidence that satisfies the scheme requirements, alternatively the Level 2 Diploma in Brickwork. Job opportunities also exist in fields such as general maintenance, house extensions and repair work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.