Photography - A level at City College
This course has four main areas of focus:
- Recording: extending your photography skills
- Contextual Research: extending your knowledge of photographers and creating reference pages
- Experimenting: with a range of techniques
- Developing your ideas: creating a range of conclusions
B Grade in GCSE Photography. C/4 grade applicants will be considered on an individual basis. Grade C/4 in English is also recommended.
Personal Investigation (60% of the total A level)
Learners should produce two elements:
- A portfolio of practical work showing their personal response to either a starting point, brief, scenario or stimulus, devised and provided by the learner or centre.
- A related study: an extended response of a guided minimum of 1000 words.
Externally set task (40% of the total A level)
The early release paper will be issued on 1st February and will provided learners with a number of themes, each with a range of written and visual starting points, briefs and stimuli. A response should be based on one of these options. 15 hour controlled-time (exam).
The course is open to anyone who is aged 16-18 on the 31st August, in the year that the course starts
This qualification supports progression into further and higher education, training or employment in a wide variety of disciplines
To find out more information please contact City College, on 01782 853535 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College directly.