Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Level 2) Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
Earn while you learn! This course is aimed at those who prefer vocational training to academic study and those who wish to gain employment by gaining a technical skill and knowledge, but also demonstrate competence in the workplace.
An Apprenticeship is a vocational, work-based programme that demonstrates competence and knowledge. With a combination of on-the-job training and assessments, and training through an IMI Awards’ approved centre, Apprenticeships demonstrate the individual’s competence to do a job to a national standard.
- Routine light vehicle maintenance, including engine systems
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing light vehicle: standard and high performance tyres
- Carrying out light vehicle four wheel alignment
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle: exhaust components, suspension dampers & springs, vehicle batteries and braking systems & components
- Learners also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage
- English and Maths
You will need to be employed in a garage carrying out appropriate tasks. In addition, applicants must have achieved 4 GCSEs at grades A* to D.
The assessment is made up of three components (set by IMI Awards):
- Practical tasks
- Online testing
- Portfolio of evidence
The knowledge component of this qualification is also independently assessed via online testing. The tests are mapped to each knowledge unit's learning outcomes and assessment criteria to ensure coverage. These tests are marked electronically by IMI Awards.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (Level 3)
Overalls and boots should be supplied by your employer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.