Public Services Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like to develop a career in the uniformed public services?
This programme is suitable for students wishing to follow a career in uniformed services e.g. fire service, police, army, navy etc.
The programme is appropriate for learners who are active in their fitness and learning. It has been designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in current and future employment, or progression to Level 3 courses.
The course involves a full day of outdoor activities within which you will be challenged both physically and mentally. This will require the correct clothing and a positive attitude towards developing yourself.
It is delivered using a mixture of practical, work-related and theoretical tasks and activities
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- A minimum of two GCSEs at grade C or above; or,
- A relevant Level 1 qualification, such as Sport and Public Services Level 1 with Welsh Baccalaureate at a pass
- You will be required to attend an interview to demonstrate your enthusiasm, discuss your career goals, and discuss your appropriateness for the course
- You will need to have a standard level of literacy and numeracy, as well as a good standard of physical fitness
- Places on the programme are subject to interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- External assessments
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
Completion of this course will provide you with various options in employment and education.
You will have gained a valuable insight into the uniformed public services, along with the training and qualification to help you succeed. As well as progressing into the public service of your choice, you will also have the option of going into other professions such as local authority employment or security work.
If you wish to proceed onto advanced studies, you will be able to choose from a number of Level 3 courses, particularly if you achieve a Distinction at Level 2.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Public Services Level 3, available at:
Sport (Outdoor Adventure) Level 3, available at:
Sport (Performance and Excellence) Level 3, available at:
Sport (Sport and Exercise Science) Level 3, available at:
Sport (Sports Coaching, Development and Fitness) Level 3, available at:
- Armed Forces
- Police Officer
- Prison Office
Programme code: 0104A02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.