Culinary Skills (Introduction to) City & Guilds Certificate Level 1 at Southampton City College
The ideal starter course if you wish to seek a career in hospitality and catering. You will gain valuable practical skills from learning and working in Aspire Restaurant – our training restaurant which is open to the public.
- Customer service
- Develop cookery skills
- Develop food and beverage service skills
- Cook and serve in Aspire Restaurant
- Increase your knowledge linked to the industry
- Food safety
- English and maths
- 4 GCSEs grade D-G (including English and maths)
- Introduction to the Catering Industry qualification and have 90% attendance
- Level 2 Diploma in Culinary Skills
- Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering
- Entry level employment in hotels, bars, cafes, pubs and restaurants, e.g. trainee (commis) chef or kitchen assistant
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.