BTEC SPORT LEVEL 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport and National Diploma In Sport and Exercise Science at Madeley Academy
WHY BTEC SPORT?
These courses offer an active and enjoyable way to study Sport and to gain an understanding of the Sport and Leisure Industry. Both courses aim to provide students with opportunities to progress academically and to gain the necessary prerequisites to pursue a successful career within the broad field of Sport.
The Sports Academy aims to provide students with the opportunities to play competitive fixtures at all levels, including prestigious competitions such as:
- ESFA National Cups.
- League Cup Competitions.
Students will also have opportunities to gain valuable life-skill qualifications at both Level 1 and 2, including:
- F.A. Level 1 and 2 in Coaching Football.
- Level 2 Fitness Instructors qualification.
- A relevant First Aid qualification.
- Relevant Lifesaving and Swimming qualifications.
- Sports Leaders Awards.
- The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
BTEC National Extended Certificate in Sport [Single Award Course]
You will study three mandatory units (two of which are externally assessed) plus one optional units.
Mandatory Units: Anatomy and Physiology (external assessment), Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being (external assessment), Professional Development in the Sports Industry.
Example Optional Units: Sports Leadership, Application of Fitness Testing, Sports Psychology, Practical Sports Performance.
BTEC National Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (Double award Course)
You will study 6 mandatory units (three of which are externally assessed) plus two optional units.
Mandatory Units: Sport and Exercise Physiology ((external assessment), Funtional Anatomy (external assessment), Applied Science and Exercise Psychology (external assessment), Field and Laboratory-based Fitness Testing, Applied Research Methods in Sport and Excercise Science, Coaching for Performance and Fitness.
Example Optional Units: Biomechanics in Sport and Exercise Science, Specialist Fitness Training, Research Project in Sport and Exercise Science, Physical Activity for Individual and Group-based Exercise, Sports Massage, Sociocultural issues in Sport and Exercise.
SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Students must achieve a minimum of 4 Grade A* - C plus English Language and Mathematics at grade4
- Grade C or Merit in a relevant Level 2 qualification
- A high commitment to PE and Sport, including extra-curricular activities
There are various possibilities open to students as they progress through the Academy, including:
- Entrance to University to study sport related degrees.
- Scholarships in USA.
- Direct employment in the leisure industry.
- Achieve career in a particular Sport either as a full time professional or semi-professional.
Please contact Madeley Academy for further information.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Madeley Academy directly.