Countryside and Environment Level 2 Diploma at Bridgwater College
This is an ideal entry qualification for people wishing to gain an understanding of the basic principles and practices of countryside and the environment, with a view to ultimately gaining employment in the industry, or progressing to Level 3.
This course offers a great opportunity to develop core conservation and countryside practical skills.
The course is divided into a number of modules(up to a total of 60 credits):
- Basic Principles of Plant Science
- Basic Principles of Soil Science
- Work Experience
- Land-based Business
- British Habitats
This course is delivered through classroom-based lessons, practical sessions and tutorials.
- You will need at least four GCSEs in the C - E range including GCSE English, or an appropriate level 1 qualification
- Entry will also be subject to a successful interview
- Practical assessments
- Written assignments
- Progress with further practical experience to craftsman positions within the sector, including private estates, National Trust, nature reserves, Government and Non-Government organisations, charities, contractors and possibly self-employment.
- Alternatively you may progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Countryside Management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.