Animal Ca re Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Bicton College
To develop the practical expertise and background knowledge required to establish a career in the Animal Care industry.
Options available to study are:
- Animal training
- Animal training in the audiovisual industries
- Animal welfare
- Dog grooming
- Effective working relationships and personal performance
- Feeding, housing and health care
- Health and safety
- Open farms
- Pet care and retail
- Zoo and wildlife establishment
Students may specialise in the subject of their choice linked to their work placement. You may also gain nationally recognised functional skills' qualifications in English and maths.
It is essential that your Initial Assessment results show that you are working at Level 1. You should also have the following:
- A suitable work placement – we can help to find you one
- A good reference
- GCSEs at grades A–D in English and Maths would be an advantage
- Relevant work experience and knowledge of your chosen industry
Students may progress to the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Animal Care and Management providing they hold a supervisory position, or to a full-time programme at Bicton College such as the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management.
Opportunities are available for work in a variety of animal-based jobs, such as: kennels, catteries, pet shops, veterinary surgeries, rescue centres, wildlife parks and zoos.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bicton College directly.