Business Extended Certificate Camb Tec 3 at The Sixth Form College Farnborough
You will study 5 units that will give you a broad understanding of the key functions of business and how they are affected by external influences.
You will study the different business legal structures, understand the influence of stakeholders and the way businesses are organised.
You will learn key accounting principles and be able to use and understand a variety of accounting/business documents and reporting techniques.
You will look at the economic and legal environment and understand it’s impact on a business.
You will understand the importance of the customer and how a business can effectively communicate with their audience.
The course is 50% exam and 50% coursework with an opportunity to re-sit the exams once. The qualification is equivalent to an A-Level.
- Unit 1 - The Business Environment
- Unit 4 - Customers and Communication
- Unit 2 - Working in Business
- Unit 5 - Marketing and Market Research
- Unit 11 - Accounting Concepts
- At least 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English Language, Maths.
- We will look at individual achievements and consider a range of qualifications and experience.
- The Business Environment - Mandatory exam worth 2 units
- Working in Business - Mandatory exam worth 1 unit
- Customers & Communication - Mandatory coursework worth 1 unit
- Marketing & Market Research - Optional coursework worth 1 unit
- Accounting Concepts - Optional coursework worth 1 unit
Externally assessed examinations for Units 1 and 2 will take the form of data response and case study based written responses and multiple choice questions.
This qualification will provide you with the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress into Higher Education (HE) on a business related programme such as Business, Business and Management, Marketing, Business and Finance, Business and Economics, Accounting and Certificate or Diploma in Human Resource Management.
What can I study alongside this extended certificate in business?
The qualification is designed to be taken as part of a study programme alongside other vocational qualifications, such as Cambridge Technicals or BTEC courses in Performing Arts, Science or Sport and A Levels including Maths, Geography, Sociology, Media, Psychology and Graphics etc.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Sixth Form College Farnborough directly.