Teaching Assistant - Level 3 Diploma at City of Oxford College
Do you want to become a teaching assistant or a learning coach? This Level 3 full-time course – which is brand new for 2014 – develops the skills you need and includes a work placement in a school or college, so you get direct experience in a teaching environment.
Please note that the content of this course is the same as our Learning Coach qualification.
Completion of the year-long programme will provide you with:
- Certificate in Supporting Learning in Schools Level 2 and Level 3
- Functional skills in English, maths and ICT at Level 2 or GCSEs in English, maths and biology (depending on your qualifications on entry to the programme)
- Level 2 Certificate in Employability Skills (if you do not already have one)
You also gain a certificate in Preparing to Support Learning.
This qualification gives you an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in learning environments, including school and college.
- all aspects of specialist support including planning, delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher
- bilingual and special needs support
- personal development and reflective practice
You also study employability skills and develop English, maths and ICT skills while training.
You need GCSE English at grade D or above (or equivalent), or you need to demonstrate that you have Level 1 literacy skills.
You may wish to apply for a teaching assistant post in a local school, or you could aim to become a learning coach at the College.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Oxford College directly.