Computer Science at UTC Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park
This course provides an insight into computing, including an understanding of computer systems and the principles of programming as well as algorithms and computational thinking.
This qualification opens doors to diverse career paths: roles in the games design industry, web and animation development or perhaps network security, digital forensics or mobile app development, or in supporting roles within other industries.
Computer Systems (40%, Written Exam)
- The characteristics of contemporary processors, input, output and storage devices
- Software and software development
- Exchanging data
- Data types, data structures and algorithms
- Legal, moral, cultural and ethical issues
Algorithms and programming (40%, Written Exam)
- Elements of computational thinking
- Problem solving and programming
- Algorithms to solve problems and standard algorithms
Programming Project (20%, Non-exam assessment)
The learner will choose a computing problem to work through according to the guidance in the specification.
- Analysis of the problem
- Design of the solution
- Developing the solution
Grade 6 in GCSE Mathematics.
Students must select a specialism (Computing, Health Sciences or Sport Science) alongside this course
For further information, please register for one of our showcase events.
Full details of the events and how to register are available on our website http://www.utcsheffield.org.uk.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.