Level 3 Extended Diploma in Music Performance & Production (Music Technology) at Ashford College
Thorough training in many disciplines associated with the music technology industry, including studio recording and audio production, digital music composition and performance, music industry studies, music for the moving image and sound design.
Take part in our exciting work experience programme to gain real-world skills with our prestigious partner venues, festivals and commercial recording studio. Attend industry-led seminars and practical workshops throughout the year.
In year 1 you will work towards the Level 3 Diploma in Music Performance & Production (Music Technology), if you achieve this you can progress onto year two and work towards the Extended Diploma.
The course provides students with excellent access to the state-of-the-art commercial recording studio and digital music composition suites, including a wide range of music creation and media-based software. You will work with supportive and inspirational staff, who are all active professionals in the music industry. You will cover areas including:
• Commercial audio production - Learn to record with a wide range of microphones and recording equipment. Mix and master a variety of multitrack audio projects. Underpin your knowledge with the study of acoustics and apply studio technical management skills.
• Commercial music composition and performance
• Use Logic Pro and Ableton software to compose, produce and perform original music in a range of styles. Learn to create original sounds using synthesis and sampling techniques.
• Music industry management and entrepreneurship - Learn about the structure of the music industry and the many career options that are available in music. Develop your entrepreneurial skills to create business opportunities in the modern music industry.
• Music and sound for moving image - Learn to write and produce soundtracks and develop sound design techniques within a range of media-based projects including radio, television, films and games.
You will need five GCSEs at Grades A*-C/9-4, including English and maths or a Level 2 First Diploma in Music at Merit or Distinction, with C/4 Grade GCSE in English and maths.
You will be required to attend an interview and complete a task to demonstrate your level of ability. Your enrolment depends on a positive recommendation or reference from your school/ tutor.
Further your studies at HND or degree level, or start work in the music industry in entry level positions.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.