Electrical and Electronic Engineering Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma at Bridgwater College
Are you interested in an exciting career in Engineering? Would you like to go into product design, aerospace, manufacturing, electronic/electrical engineering, automotive, green technologies as a project leader or designer? Do you want to go on to university level study or enter employment at technician level?
This Electrical/Electronic Engineering qualification is equivalent to 3 A levels and has been designed to give students the underpinning knowledge and specific skills needed to meet the expectations of modern engineering industries and developing technologies. The Extended National Diploma will give you the experience and recognised qualifications to pursue one of these career routes and is highly regarded by universities since it combines significant academic content with applied and relevant technology subjects.
You will study a combination of theory, applied theory and practical subjects across a broad range of subjects.Year 1
Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Electronic Measurement and Testing
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Computer Aided Drafting in Engineering
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Electrical Technology
- Industrial Robot Technology
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Design
- Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits 1
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Selecting and Using Programmable Logic Controllers
- Industrial Process Controllers
- Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Electro Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Devices.
A minimum of 5 GCSE grades A* – C, including Mathematics (Higher) at grade B or above. Alternatively an appropriate Level 2 qualification with an overall Merit which includes Maths & Science is acceptable.
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma is assessed by a range of assignments and assessments. These are set and marked internally by College staff and then validated by an external moderator.
On successful completion you will be awarded a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering, which carries with it a range of UCAS points depending on level of success. The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A levels. You will gain access to a wide range of possible careers and higher education opportunities.
For successful students, the Level 3 Extended Diploma will provide progression onto a HNC in Electrical /Electronic Control Engineering or Foundation Degree in Mechanical Engineering which are both offered at Bridgwater College, with progression onto a MEng with the University of the West England. Former engineering students have become design technicians, architectural technicians and mechanical engineers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.