Motor Vehicle Diploma Level 1 at East Berkshire College
The aim of this valuable course is to develop your basic skills and knowledge to allow you to progress into a career in the Motor Industry or to a higher level course
The programme comprises modules involving practical work and essential knowledge related to motor vehicle that may include
- Contact with Customers
- Routinely Servicing the Vehicle
- Identifying Faulty Components
- Replacing and Removing Components/Units and Rectifying Faults.
It also includes
- Preparing New and Used Vehicles
- Maintaining Effective Working Relationships
- Maintaining Health, Safety and Security of the Working Environment.
- Function Skills; English, Maths and IT
- There are no formal entry qualifications although you will be required to take a College assessment.
- Enthusiasm for motor vehicle engineering will need to be demonstrated at interview.
The course comprises workshop-based activities supported by classroom study and assessment will depend on the study stream the student is matched to, and gaining unit merits along the programme to achieve the various learning aims.
- Motor Vehicle Level 2
- A placement on a work based apprenticeship or a trainee automotive technician
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.