VTCT Level 3 Sports Coaching at Milton Keynes College
Have you always wanted to work within sport? Do you have a passion for sport? Have you ever wanted to coach others? Are you looking to enter employment rather than move on to University? Then this broad based sports course will be ideal for you.
Unit may include:
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
- Assessing risk in sport
- Practical individual sport
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- The physiology of fitness
- Sports development
- Sports coaching
- Fitness training and programming
- Sport as a business.
- Outdoor adventurous activities
- Practical team sport
- Instructing physical activity and exercise
- Physical education & care of children & young people
- Sports nutrition
- Sports exercise massage
- Exercise for specific groups
- Analysis of sports performance
- Current issues in sport.
In addition you will study Functional Skills or GCSE qualifications which are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and maths skills needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College programmes.
You will need:
- 4 GCSEs grades A*-C including English
- Successful completion of a Level 2 Sports/Fitness Programme
- Excellent reference.
You will be are continually assessed throughout the course using a variety of assessment methods – written assessments, worksheets, practical assessments and presentations. Some assessments will be completed whilst on trips.
After successful completion of this course you can enter employment in roles such as:
- Sports coach
- Health and fitness professional
- Sports centre manager
- Sports centre operational management
If you achieve outstanding grades you may choose to progress onto a range of Higher Education opportunities including the newly launched HND in Health & Sport at Milton Keynes College.
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma is currently worth 420 UCAS points.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.