Motor Vehicle (Introduction) Entry Diploma at City College Plymouth
Do you like tinkering with engines and cars? Do you want to learn more about the motor industry and prefer a more hands-on approach to learning? Then our entry level study programme is ideal for you. It's the first step you can take towards achieving your ambition of gaining a career in the motor vehicle industry. The diploma will also include personal and social development opportunities.
The course involves you studying both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- introduction to motor vehicle workshop safety, the maintenance and repair industry and workshop tools and equipment
- introduction to engine components and operation, steering and suspension, cooling and lubrication systems, braking systems, wheels and tyres
- introduction to fuel, transmission and ignition systems.
You will also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, and other skills associated with working on motor vehicles.
The course also includes:
- NOCN induction award
- one functional skill to entry level 3.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
There are no specific entry requirements, however good communication and people skills are an advantage, as is enthusiasm and a commitment to completing the course.
You will be assessed by a variety of practical tasks and assessments, and online and paper exams.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a level 1 course in motorsport or motorcycle repair at the College
- an Apprenticeship in the sector, or
- employment as an exhaust/tyre fitter or vehicle valet.
- See more at: http://www.cityplym.ac.uk/courses/motor-vehicle-introduction#sthash.SSpMFXt7.dpuf
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.