Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair IMI Level 2 Diploma at Lambeth College
Get your motors running and be amongst the first to experience the brand new, purpose-built motor vehicle engineering workshops at our Vauxhall Centre.
We have the latest, industry-standard tools and diagnostic testing equipment, a range of new and used cars and motorcycles to work on, and expert tutors to transform you into a professional mechanic, service technician or roadside recovery assistant.
We have excellent links with local dealerships, the Institute of Motor Industry (IMI) as well as other professional bodies within the motor vehicle manufacture, repair and maintenance industries.
You will study the following topics:
- Workshop and vehicle health and safety
- Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance checks
- Removing, replacing and checking engine units and components
- Removing, replacing and checking light vehicle auxiliary electrical units and components
- Removing, replacing and checking light vehicle chassis units and components
- Removing, replacing and checking light vehicle transmission and driveline units and components
- Carrying out basic servicing and identifying worn or faulty parts
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 1 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 4 GCSEs at D grade or above, or an equivalent vocational qualification at Level 1, and, for the full time option, have a commitment to study Maths and English to Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.