Carpentry and Joinery Intermediate Apprenticeship at Grimsby Institute
With this Apprenticeship, you could be working on various sites. Once the
Apprenticeship is complete you will be a fully-qualified Joiner equipped with the
necessary skills and qualifications required for working within the industry.
This framework is suitable for the following Apprenticeship job roles:
- Site Carpenter - Working on a construction site or in domestic and commercial premises, to given specifications, carrying out site carpentry to first and second fixing (door frames, hanging doors, boxing pipes, window frames and floor joists)
- Bench Joiner - Working in a joiners shop producing wood products, to given specifications, for use by the Site Carpenter, such as doors, window frames and stair cases. The use of machinery in the production of products plays an important part within the Joiner’s shop.
- Shopfitter Bench Joiner - Working in a Joiner’s shop producing components for shopfitting to given specifications. Working on site to install the products made, such as shopfitting frames, shop fronts and shop frames.
- Royal Engineer (carpenter and joiner) - Working in a military environment in the United Kingdom or overseas to given specifications carrying out site carpentry tasks.
- Wheelwrights - Working in a wheelwright’s workshop producing wooden wheels and horse drawn vehicle components to given specification. Using machinery and traditional hand tools to produce components to a high specification.
Training is delivered on a day release basis at the Institute where a Tutor will monitor
Most occupations require a minimum of grade C in English, Maths and ICT, although some only require a minimum of grade D.
Some occupations within the Engineering sector will require Science at a minimum of grade C.
A Vocational Assessment may have to be taken and passed for some Apprenticeships before acceptance onto the programme.
You will be allocated an Assessor who will conduct assessments in the
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grimsby Institute directly.