Childcare and Education Level 2 Award at Samuel Lister Academy
This is a one year course designed to prepare students hoping to work with young children. The course enables you to work in a supervised capacity with children and their families in a variety of settings and environments within the sector of Childrens Services. It is a very good foundation for a career in child care.
The course also includes a regular, weekly work placement which will enable you to gain a good understanding of what a career in childcare might be like. The placement will be for 2 days per week.
Units cover the following:
- An introduction to working with children
- Stages in growth and development
- The care and education of children
- Children and play
- Communication within child care and education
At least 4 GCSEs at Grade D and above including Maths and English.
A multiple choice question paper, internally assessed assignemnts and a satisfactory work placement.
- learners will be qualified to undertake a range of job roles in child care - early years assistant, pre-school assistant, nursery assistant
- Access to training requiring Level 2 qualifications - Level 3 study.
To succeed you will need to be genuinely interested in working with children, be committed to the course, work hard, be responsible for your own learning, be organised and be able to meet deadlines along with excellent attendance. For further information, please contact Mrs Roberts at Aire Valley School.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Samuel Lister Academy directly.