Art and Design: 3D Design at Neston High School
Students who opt for the Three Dimensional Design A level will produce work in one or more of the following areas:
* Interior Design
* Product Design
Students will also develop skills in the following areas:
* Appreciation of solid, void, form, shape, texture, colour,. decoration, surface treatment, scale, proportion, rhythm and movement in their chosen media
* Awareness of the relationship between the 3D design and urban, rural or other settings
* Appreciation of the relationship of form and function and, where applicable, the ability to respond to a concept, work to a brief, theme, topic or answer a need in the chosen area of the 3D design.
* The use of a variety of appropriate tools and equipment
* Understanding of working methods, such as model-making, construction and assembling. A typical project would be to design a functional item for domestic use which would be constructed from pliable materials.
4 A* - D with 1 C in an Art and Design subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Neston High School directly.