Countryside Management BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
Our Level 3 Diploma in Countryside Management is a specialist qualification for those who have a clear vision of their future career, whether you wish to specialise in fisheries management, game and shoot management or woodland and forest management. If you already have experience of working in the countryside and aspire to reach your full potential, this innovative course could be the perfect stepping stone to the career you desire.
As a Warwickshire College student you will not only be trained as an expert in all practical areas of the countryside; you will also leave equipped with valuable underpinning knowledge in science and business which is highly sought after by employers. You can
further improve your employability by undertaking work experience allowing you to sharpen your new-found skills working alongside industry experts in real workplace environments.
Whether you strive to use your unique skills working for your dream employer, or to establish your own enterprise as an entrepreneur, the Level 3 Diploma in Countryside Management is the perfect platform to launch your career.
Highlights of the course include:
- Tuition and learning materials provided by our expert tutors.
- A study tour of Wales which includes a visit to a mine, a wind farm and a reservoir
- Trips including visits to estates and National Trust parkland
- Opportunity to learn on Moreton Morrell Estate, which includes extensive woodland, wetlands and wildlife habitats.
12 units ( 120 credits)
Example units include:
- Understanding Ecology
- Landbased Machinery Operations
- Environmental Processes
- Environmental Interpretation
- Understanding Countryside Tourism and Recreation
- Understanding Land Use and Environmental Issues
- Undertaking Woodland Habitat Management
- Understanding Stillwater Fishery Creation and Management
- Understanding Fishery Management
- Undertake an Investigative Project in the Landbased Sector
- Game Management
- Shoot Management
In addition to the main programme, students will be offered (at an additional charge) the opportunity to undertake competency certificates in the following:
NPTC Safe use of pesticides PA1 & PA6
NPTC Crop Sprayer PA2
NPTC Telescopic Handler
Four GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or Maths and Science or Level 2 qualification with an overall grade of merit in related subject area.
There will be course work assignments. In addition, practicals may be assessed by observation and oral questions. Work experience is an important component of this course and will be undertaken towards the end of the second year of the programme.
The assessment for Functional Skills will be an externally marked online examination.
On completion of this course you could go on to study a higher level such as progression on to a Higher National Diploma or Foundation Degree course. Alternatively, you may find employment in supervisory positions. You may also wish to seek employment within ancillary industries in sales and research.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.