BTEC Travel & Tourism Level 3 at The Basildon Academies Sixth Form
The overall aim of this course is to provide an understanding
of how the Travel and Tourism industry operates.
This course is for students who:
• Want to understand the Travel and Tourism industry.
• Want to gain an understanding of all the different jobs in
the Travel and Tourism sector and the skills needed.
• Want to find out why people travel and their motivations.
• To find out the impact Tourism has on the economy.
• Enjoy analysis, research and investigation work.
• Units covered
• Unit 1- Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector
• Unit 2- The Business of Travel and Tourism
• Unit 3- The UK as a Destination
• Unit 4- Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
• Optional Units
• Unit 6- Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism
• Unit 7- European Destinations
• Unit 8- Long-haul Travel Destinations
• Unit 11- Investigating the Cruise Industry
• Unit 19- UK Visitor Attractions
General Sixth Form.
The overall grading is a Pass, Merit or Distinction
• Each unit within the qualification has specified assessment and grading
criteria which are to be used for grading purposes. Each unit grade can be
awarded at pass, merit or distinction:
• to achieve a ‘pass’ a learner must have satisfied all the pass assessment criteria
• to achieve a ‘merit’ a learner must additionally have satisfied all the merit
• to achieve a ‘distinction’ a learner must additionally have satisfied all the
distinction grading criteria.
Offers a specialist qualification that focuses on particular
aspects of employment within the appropriate vocational sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Basildon Academies Sixth Form directly.